Princeton University Library Catalog
- Handel, George Frideric, 1685-1759 [Browse]
- Musical score, Manuscript
- [England], 1737.
- 1 volume : paper.
- Opera in 3 acts; libretto by A. Salvi.
- English manuscript of the opera Berenice, in the hand of Handel's copyist S2, from the library of Charles Jennens, Handel's patron and librettist of Messiah, and annotated by him. The scribal full score of the opera in three acts, notated in brown ink on up to ten staves per page, scored for voices and orchestra (strings, oboes, bassoons and continuo), with figured bass throughout (and with a few additional figures added by Charles Jennens), including the overture, the arias, ariosos and recitatives, and the final Coro, and with extensive stage directions. Complete but for Berenice's aria "Avvertite mie pupille."
- Paginated: 297 pages.
- Italian words.
- Other format(s):
- Also available in an electronic version.
- Operas [Browse]
- Former owner:
- Other views:
Copies in Library
Rare Books and Special Collections - South East (MSS)